Elementary Charter School Admissions
Vector Prep (K-6th)
Registrar: Teresa Vazquez
(480) 779-2000 Ext. 2001
Please refer to the information below for the required documents to be submitted as part of our charter school admissions in Chandler, AZ.
Please Note: Kindergarten Enrollment Requirements
Per the Arizona Education Code 15-821 (C), “a child is eligible for admission to kindergarten if the child is five years of age. A child is deemed five years of age if the child reached the age of five before September 1 of the current school year.” Children who will turn five between September 1 and October 31 may apply for an age exception to enter kindergarten early. However, the school will only allow admission if:
- The student attempts to enroll prior to June 30th of the upcoming school year.
- Capacity exists in a classroom prior to the first day of school.
- The child meets academic entrance criteria and demonstrates social and emotional maturity. The child should perform similarly in respect to behavior, social, emotional, and academic skills to their older classmates to meet the challenges of kindergarten.
Such a determination will be based upon one or more consultations with the parent, parents, guardians, the children, the teacher, and the school leadership. The final determination will be based upon the school administration recommendation. The school will not allow admission to kindergarten if the child is five years of age after October 31 of the current school year.
ITEMS REQURED FOR ENROLLMENT:
- Proof of Age and Identity
- A certified copy of the student’s birth certificate or other documentation as set forth in A.R.S. § 15-828(A)
- Arizona Residency Documentation Form
- Military Student Identifier (if applicable)
ITEMS REQUIRED PRIOR TO ATTEDANCE:
- Immunization Record – (immunizations records are not a condition of enrollment but must be completed prior to attendance)
- Immunization Exemption Form (if applicable)
- Withdrawal form from previous Arizona school attended (if applicable)
Optional Information (used to better serve your student)
For the smoothest possible elementary charter school admissions process, please prepare copies of the following documents:
- Emergency Information
- Medical Information
- Special Education Questionaire
- Student Status for McKinney-Vento
- Home Language Survey (English and Spanish as applicable)
- ED 506 Form for Title VI Indian Education Formula Grant Program
- Field Trip & Model Release Form
- Technology & Internet Usage Agreement
- Shared Responsibilities under Title 1
- FERPA Notification
- School Bus Guidelines and Rules
- Fees, class schedule, uniform dress code
- To help parents make an informed decision about whether Vector Prep is the right school for their child, Vector Prep uses an interview process to get to know our potential students better; however, a student or parent attending an interview is not a condition of enrollment.
A.R.S. § 15-184 (A, B, E)
Vector Prep School does not limit admission based on ethnicity, national origin, gender, income level, disabling condition, proficiency in the English language, or athletic ability.
Vector has a fair and equitable policy to enroll all eligible students in grades K-6 who submit a timely application unless the number of applicants exceeds the capacity of the school facility. Vector Prep School gives enrollment preference only to those students who are returning to the school for the second or any subsequent year of operation and to siblings of pupils who are already enrolled in Vector Prep School. Should the number of eligible enrollment applications exceed the capacity of a grade level, Vector Prep School will utilize a lottery system. The lottery will also determine the waiting list order for any unselected applications. Applications received after the open enrollment window closes will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Vector Prep School may refuse elementary charter school admissions to any pupil who has been expelled from another educational institution or who is withdrawn while being expelled from another educational institution.